Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
domm domm is offline

Default finding ways to do a task with macros

i have a file with questions only and another file with answers only.I want
to write a macro such that for every corresponding question there is a
corresponding answer going right below it.Is it possible using macros?or if
VB script is involved can anyone tell me how this can be done ?.I'd like to
do this task in the questions document. I also want to know if this can be
done in a new document.I am using word 2003.please help me.
--
domm means business whenever he talks
you may thank god your father was born before you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It should be possible to do this with a macro, but in order to do so, how
are the questions and answers identified in each of the documents? In other
Words, how would the macro know how much of the answer document to select
and how would it know where to insert it in the question document. Are the
questions and answers numbered? Are they one of more sentences or
paragraphs? Tell us more about your documents!

domm wrote:
i have a file with questions only and another file with answers
only.I want to write a macro such that for every corresponding
question there is a corresponding answer going right below it.Is it
possible using macros?or if VB script is involved can anyone tell me
how this can be done ?.I'd like to do this task in the questions
document. I also want to know if this can be done in a new document.I
am using word 2003.please help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
domm domm is offline

i have all the questions and answers in the paragraphs with 4 or 5 lines each
answer and only one line questions.
--

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It should be possible to do this with a macro, but in order to do so, how
are the questions and answers identified in each of the documents? In other
Words, how would the macro know how much of the answer document to select
and how would it know where to insert it in the question document. Are the
questions and answers numbered? Are they one of more sentences or
paragraphs? Tell us more about your documents!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You didn't really answer the questions, however assuming the questions and
answers each comprise one paragraph, the following macro will write the
questions and answers (i.e. the paragraphs from each document)alternately to
a new document. If the answers comprise random numbers of paragraphs you
will see why I asked the question when you run the macros

Put your own question and answer document paths in the strings
sQname =
and
aAname =
lines

Dim sQname As String
Dim sAname As String
Dim Qdoc As Document
Dim Adoc As Document
Dim Target As Document
Dim i As Long

sQname = "d:\My Documents\Test\Versions\Even\Questions.doc"
sAname = "d:\My Documents\Test\Versions\Even\Answers.doc"
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set Qdoc = Documents.Open(sQname)
Set Adoc = Documents.Open(sAname)
Set Target = Documents.Add
Qdoc.Activate
For i = 1 To Qdoc.Paragraphs.Count
Qdoc.Paragraphs(i).Range.Copy
Target.Activate
Selection.Paste
Adoc.Activate
Adoc.Paragraphs(i).Range.Copy
Target.Activate
Selection.EndKey
Selection.Paste
Qdoc.Activate
Next i
Qdoc.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
Adoc.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
Target.Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Formulas 3 Ways Lenny Tables 1 August 30th 07 12:12 AM
how many ways to merge mails? r New Users 1 May 25th 06 04:36 AM
what are the 5 ways of POSITIONING art in Word? Skylar New Users 1 February 27th 06 09:12 PM
Word opens a doc 2 ways? Rooster Microsoft Word Help 10 October 14th 05 11:09 PM
Word's "helpful" ways Caty Microsoft Word Help 3 December 15th 04 08:45 PM