Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pepper pepper is offline

Default Remove All Formats Word 2007

I recall the with an entire document selected, Ctrl+Space will remove all
direct formatting (bold, underline, etc).
I cant find the keyboard shortcut to remove all formats, including all the
styles.

Thanks for any help

Pepper
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried Ctrl+Shift+N to remove paragraph formatting and returns all
formatting to Normal Style.

"Pepper" wrote:

I recall the with an entire document selected, Ctrl+Space will remove all
direct formatting (bold, underline, etc).
I cant find the keyboard shortcut to remove all formats, including all the
styles.

Thanks for any help

Pepper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ctrl+Q removes direct paragraph formatting (but not the style). Ctrl+Shift+N
applies Normal style. There is no built-in shortcut for Clear Formatting,
but you could assign one: Office Button | Word Options | Customize: Keyboard
shortcuts: Customize: All Commands: ClearAllFormatting.

"Pepper" wrote in message
I recall the with an entire document selected, Ctrl+Space will remove all
direct formatting (bold, underline, etc).
I cant find the keyboard shortcut to remove all formats, including all the
styles.

Thanks for any help

Pepper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If the Style Pane is opened, the top of the style list is Clear All (unless
you deliberately toggle it off in Style Options).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Pepper" wrote in message
I recall the with an entire document selected, Ctrl+Space will remove all
direct formatting (bold, underline, etc).
I cant find the keyboard shortcut to remove all formats, including all
the
styles.

Thanks for any help

Pepper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The OP asked for a keyboard shortcut.

"Pepper" wrote in message
I recall the with an entire document selected, Ctrl+Space will remove all
direct formatting (bold, underline, etc).
I cant find the keyboard shortcut to remove all formats, including all
the
styles.

Thanks for any help

Pepper

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

I'm not certian that I know what the problem is but it sounds like a problem
I had a day ago. In the tool bar there is an option that says, "Clear all
the formatting from the selection using only the plain text". It worked
fine for me after spending a lot of time trying to figure out what was going
on.