Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oreally Oreally is offline

Default Editing Document with Pictures

I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT in
text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how. It's
not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there a copy
option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If the photos are inline, they will be selected along with the text. If
they're wrapped, they're anchored to the text, and selecting the text will
select them as well. Select all the text, copy, paste, and see what happens.

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT
in text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there
a copy option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Why can't you 'run your cursor over the page'? that's the simplest way to
select a page and then use Ctrl+C to copy to the Office Clipboard. Why can't
you do that?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT
in text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there
a copy option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oreally Oreally is offline

The photos are set for 'behind text'.....they are quite high resolution,
therefore big files. When I put the cursor on a specific page it can only
copy individual pictures. If I run the cursor across the entire page I get
no copy option in the edit menu or right click menu.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Why can't you 'run your cursor over the page'? that's the simplest way to
select a page and then use Ctrl+C to copy to the Office Clipboard. Why
can't you do that?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT
in text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there
a copy option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Regardless of what wrapping style is applied, they must be anchored to at
least one text paragraph on the page. Display nonprinting characters so that
you can see the paragraph marks and select those. But why are the photos set
to Behind Text if there's no text on the page?

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
The photos are set for 'behind text'.....they are quite high resolution,
therefore big files. When I put the cursor on a specific page it can only
copy individual pictures. If I run the cursor across the entire page I get
no copy option in the edit menu or right click menu.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Why can't you 'run your cursor over the page'? that's the simplest way to
select a page and then use Ctrl+C to copy to the Office Clipboard. Why
can't you do that?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT
in text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is
there a copy option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Precisely. If there's no text, why are they 'behind text'? Self
flagellation!

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Regardless of what wrapping style is applied, they must be anchored to at
least one text paragraph on the page. Display nonprinting characters so
that you can see the paragraph marks and select those. But why are the
photos set to Behind Text if there's no text on the page?

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
The photos are set for 'behind text'.....they are quite high resolution,
therefore big files. When I put the cursor on a specific page it can only
copy individual pictures. If I run the cursor across the entire page I
get no copy option in the edit menu or right click menu.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Why can't you 'run your cursor over the page'? that's the simplest way
to select a page and then use Ctrl+C to copy to the Office Clipboard.
Why can't you do that?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Oreally" wrote in message
. ..
I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are
NOT in text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out
how. It's not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor
is there a copy option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have the cursor somewhere on the page you wish to select/copy.
Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, type in \page, OK.
This will select the whole page you are on, this hopefully will include the
image behind the text.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Oreally" wrote:

I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT in
text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how. It's
not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there a copy
option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oreally Oreally is offline

Yes....that gets me to the page I want to copy, but how do I copy that page
of photos in one action? There still is no copy option for that page as a
whole. Try it: Set up a 2 page document with only photos. Then try to copy
just ONE of those pages. (I sent out an attachment with a 2 page photo
document but the newsgroup is blocking it).

Thanks,

OReally

"Oreally" wrote:

I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are NOT
in
text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's
not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there a
copy
option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You have been given the answer. The photos on that page MUST BE anchored to
a text paragraph on that page. Display nonprinting characters so that you
can see the paragraph mark for that paragraph. Select that paragraph mark
and copy; the anchored pictures will be copied as well.

. ..

"Oreally" wrote:

I have a multi-page document with photos on each page. The photos are
NOT in
text boxes. I'd like to copy a single page but I can't figure out how.
It's
not like you can run your cursor over the page and copy. Nor is there a
copy
option available in the edit menu.

Let me know if there is a way to do this

Thanks,

Oreally

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

I did try it before telling you about \page.
I did \page, then Ctrl+C, then to a new document, Ctrl+V, voila!