Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rach rach is offline

Default Why did I hear my Word document being read out loud?

I was typing and next thing I know a portion of my document started being
read out loud by the computer.
I really don't want a complicated answer I just want to know what I pressed
to do that. Because I want to do that again.
And no, nothing was highlighted when it did that.
[[Its Microsoft Word 2003.]]
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Somehow, you have turned on Windows Narrator and by default, it is set to
Echo the letters you type as well as read our loud an open document or
whatever. This is part of the Windows Ease of Access settings. When active,
you should see the Narrator icon in the Notification area (what used to be
called the system tray).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP