Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default Styleref Numbers?

I have a header with a Styleref pulling from the Heading 1 {STYLEREF
"Heading 1" \* MERGEFORMAT }, but my headings contain numbering that
is not appearing in the result. Is there a switch that I'm missing?

My text in the document appears like this:
"Exercise 8. Forms, Dynamic List Links"
[where the 8 is generated with an Autonum]

The Styleref result appears like this:
"Exercise Forms, Dynamic List Links"
[with a double-space after the word Exercise]

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

One of the lesser-known "gotchas" of the StyleRef field is that you have to
use TWO fields for numbered paragraphs, one for the text itself and one for
the paragraph number. The Help on the field ("Field codes: StyleRef field")
gives several switches that relate to the paragraph number, and I've never
been clear on what the distinction is, but I suspect the \n switch is the
one you want. If you use Insert | Field to insert the field and check the
"Insert paragraph number" box, \n is the switch you get.

"Reitanos" wrote in message
I have a header with a Styleref pulling from the Heading 1 {STYLEREF
"Heading 1" \* MERGEFORMAT }, but my headings contain numbering that
is not appearing in the result. Is there a switch that I'm missing?

My text in the document appears like this:
"Exercise 8. Forms, Dynamic List Links"
[where the 8 is generated with an Autonum]

The Styleref result appears like this:
"Exercise Forms, Dynamic List Links"
[with a double-space after the word Exercise]

Thanks.

Using StyleRef To Put Paragraph Numbers in Table and Figure Captio Kate C Microsoft Word Help 9 January 22nd 07 03:47 PM
Problems with Styleref homeologica Formatting Long Documents 7 April 12th 06 02:32 PM
How do I avoid section numbers in headers created w/ StyleRef? Anne at Duke Page Layout 3 April 8th 06 12:13 AM
StyleRef! Missy Microsoft Word Help 6 February 4th 06 12:35 PM
Styleref Mary Jo L Microsoft Word Help 1 October 5th 05 05:40 PM