Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Saga Saga is offline

Default Embedded Excel object in Word

Hi all,

A colleague is using Excel and Word 2007. She received a Word doc with an Excel object
embedded in it. The Excel object contains combo lists and the usual data in cells. She
needs to take that Excel object out of Word and place it back into Excel for further
use, modification and processing, but she has not been able to do so. She already
tried selecting the Excel object within the Word doc and pasting it into Excel. Most
of it comes through, but it loses the combo list functionality.

Unfortunately, I am not able to help her because of my limited knowledge with these
apps. Can any one offer any orientation?

Thanks. Please advice if these were not the best groups where to post this query.
Saga

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] DaveM.Martin@gmail.com is offline

--

Hi,
I might have the Answer for this. If I am understanding your question

Right click on the Object in the Word doc. In 2003 there is an option
in the menu that says "Worksheet Object". After scrolling on that sub
menu click "open". By doing this the original worksheet should open in
excel. From there you can "Save as" and then use it as if you had the
original excel file yourself.

Hope this helps.
Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers