Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Default ODBC & ISAM Errors

User has Excel 2003

A co-worker (gone now) setup a merge for this user to merge an Excel
database into Word. When the merge happens, a dialog box opens followed by a
"ODBC Excel Driver Login Failed" error and again followed by "No installable
ISAM driver found" error.

I setup her Word to Confirm Conversion At Open attempting to select DDE
instead of ODBC, but the dialog box prompt for this does not open. It just
opens the other dialog box (I don't know if co-worker created this or what)
followed by the above two errors. How can I force it to prompt so I can
select DDE? TIA1