Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brendan K Brendan K is offline

Default Limit of 10,000 records on recipient list in Word 2007

HI
I have a mail merge data source that is in Excel, and the number of records
in the excel sheet is greater than 10,000. When I am doiung my mail merge in
Word, I go to the option 'Edit Recipients' , and deselect some of the records
fomr the mail merger. I then exit the 'Edit Recipients' option, and go back
in again to make sure my selection has been saved
When teh number of records in my source is less than 10,000 , it will
besaved OK, when more it will not be saved.
Is there a way that I can increase this 10,000 limit?
Thanks
Brendan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is there a way that I can increase this 10,000 limit?

Not as far as I know.

The other main options are probably:
a. have a column in Excel that allows you to mark the records that you
want ( or do not want) using Excel (e.g. with a "N" if you don't want
them) and use a filter in Word to retrieve the records that you do want
b. split up your data source in some way to make it more manageable as
far as selections are concerned. But in that case, you will probably
have to do multiple merges, so (a) is probaby your best bet if it is
feasible for you.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 27/04/2010 11:32, Brendan K wrote:
HI
I have a mail merge data source that is in Excel, and the number of records
in the excel sheet is greater than 10,000. When I am doiung my mail merge in
Word, I go to the option 'Edit Recipients' , and deselect some of the records
fomr the mail merger. I then exit the 'Edit Recipients' option, and go back
in again to make sure my selection has been saved
When teh number of records in my source is less than 10,000 , it will
besaved OK, when more it will not be saved.
Is there a way that I can increase this 10,000 limit?
Thanks
Brendan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brendan K[_2_] Brendan K[_2_] is offline

Thanks Peter
That was what I thought also, good to get somebody else view /opinion.
Thanks again

.