Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roger[_6_] Roger[_6_] is offline

Default Error! Reference source not found

I am using Word2003 on XP and have read as much as I can on this error ...
but still have the problem. My form has a number of ASK statements followed
by REF fields throughout. For one field (for example the dossier number),
there are a number of {REF dossier} fields. Where the fields are in a text
box they update just fine, but where the fields are in the form itself I
keep getting the error message.

I have added an autoNew macro

Dim oStory As Range
For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
oStory.Fields.Update
If oStory.StoryType wdMainTextStory Then
While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing)
Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange
oStory.Fields.Update
Wend
End If
Next oStory
Set oStory = Nothing
End Sub

In print view all is filled in correctly, but when the form is being
filled-in via the ASK and REF fields all you can see is the error messages
and not the input data. I have tried adding /d "" and /d" " but that also
doesn't seem to help! How can I get rid of the error message, please?

Thanks .. Roger