Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Venus930 Venus930 is offline

Default Word Directory Merge does not pull in all data in Excel Cel

I am doing a directory merge and there are some fields that contain a lot of
text data that is downloaded from an on-line system into an excel file. When
I perform the merge the final document will have only part of the information
that is contained in the cell. I have tried adding spaces to give it more
room. Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the main document, select the DDE method of
connection from the dialog box that will then appear.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP