Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] Jessica@aol.com is offline

Default Merge Excel data into Word (both 2003)

Hello.

I have a lot of data created in Excel and would like to convert it into a
word data source and then convert it into a Publisher Directory. I do know
that I can merge the excel data into a directory but all of my fields are not
showing up data is not showing up. This why I would like to try a reverse way
of merging the data from Word
--
astro44
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Attach your data source to a Catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called
Directory) type mail merge main document in which you insert the mergefields
into the cells of a one row table with nothing else in the main document.
When you execute that merge to a new document, that document will contain a
table with a row of data for each record in the data source. If you want to
use this document as a data source, insert a row at the top of the table and
into the cells of that row, enter names for each field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

" wrote in message
Hello.

I have a lot of data created in Excel and would like to convert it into a
word data source and then convert it into a Publisher Directory. I do know
that I can merge the excel data into a directory but all of my fields are
not
showing up data is not showing up. This why I would like to try a reverse
way
of merging the data from Word
--
astro44

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] Jessica@aol.com is offline

Doug,

After I have merged the data from Excel into the table in Word, there is a
total of 6 entries in the actual table and I have a least 2000+

Please advise
--
astro44

" wrote in message
Hello.

I have a lot of data created in Excel and would like to convert it into a
word data source and then convert it into a Publisher Directory. I do know
that I can merge the excel data into a directory but all of my fields are
not
showing up data is not showing up. This why I would like to try a reverse
way
of merging the data from Word
--
astro44

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How did you set up the mail merge main document? With a one row table, or a
six row table? It sounds like you might have done the latter and are just
previewing the results rather than actually executing the merge.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] Jessica@aol.com is offline

Doug,

I setup one row as you instructed. But what I meant to say was, when looking
at the Catalog record I only have 6 entries, and it appears that there are
other entries in the Catalog record but it's only a check box and not the
data itself.

Thanks
--
astro44