Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MaxArk[_5_] MaxArk[_5_] is offline

Default Word Automation

I need to do two things with my merging ...

1) How can I disable the message that comes up before the merge
prompting the user to accept the criteria for recipient selection?

2) In an effort to automate, and not have to depend on the user knowing
which button to press, how can I have my merge go automatically to a
document?

Jenn

--
MaxArk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If by Item 1 you mean:

"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document , see::

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

As getting that message would indicate that the merge main document already
has a data source attached to it, you could save it as a template and then
have an autonew macro in the template that contains the following code:

With Active Document.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MaxArk" wrote in message

I need to do two things with my merging ...

1) How can I disable the message that comes up before the merge
prompting the user to accept the criteria for recipient selection?

2) In an effort to automate, and not have to depend on the user knowing
which button to press, how can I have my merge go automatically to a
document?

Jenn

--
MaxArk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MaxArk[_6_] MaxArk[_6_] is offline

Thank you Doug!!!
Your solution for item #1 did the trick ...

Doug Robbins - Word MVP;2717927 Wrote:
If by Item 1 you mean:

... you could save it as a template and then
have an autonew macro in the template that contains the following
code:

With Active Document.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

--
Hope this helps.

I' struggling a bit with this. I'm unfamiliar with Word coding ...
how/where do I place this code?

Jenn

--
MaxArk