Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sara Sara is offline

Default Restricting spaces from a merged field

Hello,

I need to restrict a space from some merged fields. For example, my letter
has "Dear (merged name),". The program I am merging the information from
automatically adds a space to some "merged names". I am thinking it need to
be an IF function, but I do not know how to restrict the one space. How
would I restrict one space when needed, but not affect all the other names
when an extra space is not inserted?
Thanks!
Sara
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Sara,

You'll need to change the data source to eliminate any unnecessary spaces in the data - Word's mailmerge process has no capacity for
this. An alternative approach would be to use Find/Replace after the mailmerge has been done to eliminate all double spaces in the
document.

Cheers
--
macropod