Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cyin cyin is offline

Default Mail merge amount appeared multiple decimals

I am doing a simple mailmerge from data in excel, when i merge a field
contains amount with 2 decimal point, it appear in word with 13 decimals.
Example: 2,848.99 in excel data field
after merge to word, it appeared as 2849.9899999999998
Can anyone teach me how to make it to appear same as excel format?
Thanks in advance
Cyin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes and insert the
following formatting switch inside the closing }

For more information, see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow
MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP