TBRIGHT5 TBRIGHT5 is offline
Junior Member

Default Difference between 2003 and 2007

What is the difference between 2003 Word and 2007 Word? I really don't like the newer setup/interface and would like to stick with 2003 if I am not missing out on anything spectacular. I'm going to college in the fall and I'm wondering which version to equip my notebook with. If someone could list additional features and improvements over the 2003 version I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I truly doubt that anyone would even try to compose such a comparison in a
newsgroup message :-) Have a look starting on the following page & explore
the volumes of information already published - complete with videos &
side-by-side comparisons. You should get much more out of that:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/default.aspx

It might also be a good idea to check with the admissions counselor at the
school to see what they recommend.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/8/08 6:12 PM, in article , "TBRIGHT5"
wrote:

What is the difference between 2003 Word and 2007 Word? I really don't
like the newer setup/interface and would like to stick with 2003 if I
am not missing out on anything spectacular. I'm going to college in
the fall and I'm wondering which version to equip my notebook with. If
someone could list additional features and improvements over the 2003
version I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'll probably be slaughtered for saying this, but in your position I would
install Office 2003 followed by the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (download
from the Office Support site).

I think that Outlook 2007 is really improved especially as it now has its
own editor that has the look and feel of Word without being Word. There's
little else I can throw you.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP