BoulderRon

Default How do I set default on Toggle Field Codes?

I use Word XP. Something has happened so that now whevenver I open any
document with fields, Toggle Field Codes is automatically on. Is there a way
to reset a default so that when I open a document I see the results of the
fields rather than the codes?
Genine

Go to Tools Options View and untick Field Codes in the "show" section at
the top of that dialog.
You need to exit Word to make sure this setting saves as your default -
otherwise if you crash Word before doing this, you'd need to set it again.
Genine

"BoulderRon" wrote:

I use Word XP. Something has happened so that now whevenver I open any
document with fields, Toggle Field Codes is automatically on. Is there a way
to reset a default so that when I open a document I see the results of the
fields rather than the codes?

How do I turn off field codes in an MS Word document? Welshwoman Microsoft Word Help 7 March 2nd 05 05:15 PM
Field Codes Meryl Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 05 07:07 AM
Toggle field codes. Frank Martin New Users 2 February 17th 05 03:11 AM
HOW TO HIDE Field Codes automatically? sorazal Mailmerge 2 February 1st 05 10:33 PM
Word Field Codes in Excel data file mranz Mailmerge 7 December 11th 04 09:02 AM