Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] relaxandchillout@gmail.com is offline

Default Resizing a small picture is extremely SLOW (Word 2007)

Hi,

I have Word 2003 and Word 2007 installed on two different Windows XP
machines. If I resize a picture both Word 2003 and Word 2007 behave
the same i.e. You grab the corner of the image with the mouse and
either drag it out to expand, or drag it in to make smaller. (A dotted
line box shows and is dragged to the appropriate size, and then when
you release the mouse the new image is rendered once only to the new
dimensions).

Now here is the problem. I am trying to access Word 2007 installed on
a Server 2008 system over Microsoft Web Apps. This configuration does
not give me the 'little dotted grey box' but instead tries to scale
the picture in 'real time' which of course makes a monkey out of
terminal services (Up to twenty seconds just to rescale a tiny picture
- You can see it trying to display it over and over again). Five
seconds over a high speed LAN!

Now I suppose I have got two questions for you:

1/ Is this 'real time image scaling' something new with Aero, Vista,
Server 2008 etc?

2/ How can I switch it off?

Suggestions appreciated!

Many thanks,
Stef
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Nov 26, 4:10*pm, wrote:
[...]

If this isn't the most appropriate place to post this query could
somebody suggest where might be more appropriate?

Many thanks,
Stef