Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
irishconnell irishconnell is offline

Default Line spacing refuses to stay at single spacing, how come?

Windows Vista - what a pain. When typing a document, even though I have
already set it to single spacing, it keeps changing to 1.5, even though when
I check the spacing, it shows that it is at 1.0. It's not. any ideas on how
I can fix this? Much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I won't take issue with your impression of Vista :-), but that's the
Operating System in which your software runs & has little if any bearing on
the problem. What you also need to disclose is what version of Office/Word
you're running in Windows Vista - that's what will determine how to proceed.

It would also be helpful if you'd be more explicit as to how you've "set it"
to single, where & how you're "checking" the spacing, what gives you the
impression that it's 1.5 if the settings indicate single, what Styles &
formatting you're using as well as anything more descriptive.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/5/09 2:18 PM, in article
, "irishconnell"
wrote:

Windows Vista - what a pain. When typing a document, even though I have
already set it to single spacing, it keeps changing to 1.5, even though when
I check the spacing, it shows that it is at 1.0. It's not. any ideas on how
I can fix this? Much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Bob says, Vista is your OS and has no bearing on Word. I imagine,
however, that you are using Word 2007, in which the Normal style has 1.15
line spacing and 10 pts Space After. You can, however, click Change Styles |
Style Set | Word 2003 to revert to the single-spaced Normal style.

http://word.mvps.org