heybud52

Default How do I get rid of grayed corner markers in Print Layout View?

In Print Layout view, I (all of a sudden) have gray (non printing) markers in
each corner of my page. It is the same marking as you see when you are in
the Preview section of the Borders & Shading dialog box. How do these get
turned on and subsequently turned off? Thanks.
Greg Maxey

These "crop marks" are usually the result of an East Asian language enabled
in your Word application.

Go to StartAll ProgramsMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office ToolsMicrosoft
Office (Your version) Language settings and disable any enabled East Asian
languages.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

heybud52 wrote:
In Print Layout view, I (all of a sudden) have gray (non printing)
markers in each corner of my page. It is the same marking as you see
when you are in the Preview section of the Borders & Shading dialog
box. How do these get turned on and subsequently turned off? Thanks.

Pat Garard

G'Day Bud,

Check also:
ToolsOptions
View (tab)
Text boundaries (check box on left 3/4 way down)
(UNCHECK)
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"heybud52" wrote in message
In Print Layout view, I (all of a sudden) have gray (non printing) markers
in
each corner of my page. It is the same marking as you see when you are in
the Preview section of the Borders & Shading dialog box. How do these get
turned on and subsequently turned off? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
learning learning is offline

Hi there-
I don't have the grey corners, I have a grey grid on the whole page in print
layout. Does anyone know how to get rid of tihs in the new wor d207?
--
thanks-
Mmh

"heybud52" wrote:

In Print Layout view, I (all of a sudden) have gray (non printing) markers in
each corner of my page. It is the same marking as you see when you are in
the Preview section of the Borders & Shading dialog box. How do these get
turned on and subsequently turned off? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In previous versions, you would display the Drawing toolbar, choose Draw |
Grid, and disable "Display gridlines on screen." I'm not sure how you would
do this in Word 2007, but the drawing grid is almost certainly still the
issue, so perhaps that will help you find it.