Ronita

Default How do I insert a page break inside of a table in MS Word 2003?

In the previous version of MS Word we formatted our tables by using Format
Paragraph Line and Page Breaks and checked the Page break before box. This
no longer works. Other break types move the entire table to the next page.
Doug Robbins

It works if you apply that formatting to the first paragraph in the first
cell in the row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ronita" wrote in message
In the previous version of MS Word we formatted our tables by using Format

Paragraph Line and Page Breaks and checked the Page break before box.
This
no longer works. Other break types move the entire table to the next
page.

Ronita

Yes, it does work there. It does not work if I have 5 lines in the table I
want on the first page and the rest of the table on the second page. It
always moves the whole table to the second page as you've said.

"Ronita" wrote in message
In the previous version of MS Word we formatted our tables by using Format

Paragraph Line and Page Breaks and checked the Page break before box.
This
no longer works. Other break types move the entire table to the next
page.

Ronita

Suzanne, does it work for you if you want to have a certain number of lines /
cells on the first page with 'Page break before' and the rest of the lines /
cells on the next page?

"Ronita" wrote in message
In the previous version of MS Word we formatted our tables by using Format

Paragraph Line and Page Breaks and checked the Page break before box.

This
no longer works. Other break types move the entire table to the next

page.

When I apply "Page break before" to a row, Word always breaks the table
above that point. I'm not sure what you're doing, but it sounds possibly
different. If you want five rows on one page and the rest on the next, you
should be applying "Page break before" to the sixth row.

"Ronita" wrote in message
Suzanne, does it work for you if you want to have a certain number of

lines /
cells on the first page with 'Page break before' and the rest of the lines

/
cells on the next page?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It has worked for me in every version of Word and still works for me in

Word
2003.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.