carol

Default "The printer has not yet responded.." message occurs when open a w

When open a word file with broadband internet connection at home, the below
message occues. "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office
program may be able to proceed without printer information". There is an
office network printer setup as default printer.
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Make sure your firewall supports printing over the network. It may be
preventing your computer "seeing" the printer.

Word checks the printer for each document for instructions on how to lay out
the text.

If you are unable to resolve this any other way, install the driver for the
same printer as a local printer on your computer and set that as the
default.

Hope this helps

On 7/8/05 5:11 PM, in article
, "carol"
wrote:

When open a word file with broadband internet connection at home, the below
message occues. "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office
program may be able to proceed without printer information". There is an
office network printer setup as default printer.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410

PhilipBrown

Hello,

I have a system doing the same thing '"The printer has not yet responded,
but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer
information"'

I can print from my other applications and excel to the same printer without
that error. I am working on trying to install using local admin but if every
other application works I don't know why I would need to do that.

Any helpful info would be great, and I'll post my reply when I reinstall the
printer.

Thanks,
Philip Brown

wrote:

When open a word file with broadband internet connection at home, the below
message occues. "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office
program may be able to proceed without printer information". There is an
office network printer setup as default printer.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ge0rge w ge0rge w is offline

Default "The printer has not yet responded.." message occurs on laptop

Hi

I have the very same problem, but I know why I am getting the "printer is
not responding message." I get the message when my laptop is not connected
to a printer because it is a laptop and I can take it to the park if I want.
I know there is no printer at the park, but that message freezes up my
computer for up to 15 seconds while it searches for one when I start to work
on a Word document.

Is there anyway to stop this from appearing? I have looked for a long time
on how to resolve this problem but most of the answers don't seem to pertain
to a laptop freely roaming the wilds of civilisation. It is a rather
annoying little occurance.

thanks in advance of any help.

wrote:

When open a word file with broadband internet connection at home, the below
message occues. "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office
program may be able to proceed without printer information". There is an
office network printer setup as default printer.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't have to have a printer physically connected to the laptop, but you
do need to have the printer driver installed on the laptop and set as the
default (or active printer in Word). The driver must be installed locally
even if you print to a network printer.

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not

email