Lisa@OLI

Default table of figures with hidden text

Hi there, can anyone please help?
I am creating a template to be used by all staff. We need to record
copyright info for each object which is user friendly and hidden from view of
readers.
The Table of Figures functionality looks best as our users are already
familiar with the Table of Contents being linked to heading styles.
I created a style with hidden text format but when I try to create the ToF
it brings up the error message 'No table of figure entries found'. If I use
a style that is not hidden it works.
Is there a way of coding the field to pick up the hidden text format?
If not is there another user friendly way to ensure all info is captured?