pinkytoes

Default Menu/toolbar customising

Word 2000 on XP home: I have successfully customised my
Word toolbars and menus quite heavily. Having finished
this I found instructions somewhere whereby I could print
a complete ten page list of all the commands (in Word)
and the names they were listed under in the normal
Commands list in tools customise.
I now need to access such a list but have lost
the instructions. I recall doing something like Tools
Macro or hyperlink or similar select a phrase from a
dialog box list and eventually get a printout. There was
an option to print the short version of ten pages, or the
full version of 40 pages.
Any ideas please?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Pinkytoes,

From Word's VBA Help:

ListCommands Method
See AlsoApplies ToExampleSpecificsCreates a new document and
then inserts a table of Word commands along with their
associated shortcut keys and menu assignments.

expression.ListCommands(ListAllCommands)
expression Required. An expression that returns an
Application object.

ListAllCommands Required Boolean. True to include all
Word commands and their assignments (whether customized or
built-in). False to include only commands with customized
assignments.

Example
This example creates a new document that lists all Word
commands along with their associated shortcut keys and menu
assignments. The example then prints and closes the new
document without saving changes.

Application.ListCommands ListAllCommands:=True
With ActiveDocument
.PrintOut
.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
End With

Word 2000 on XP home: I have successfully customised my
Word toolbars and menus quite heavily. Having finished
this I found instructions somewhere whereby I could print
a complete ten page list of all the commands (in Word)
and the names they were listed under in the normal
Commands list in tools customise.
I now need to access such a list but have lost
the instructions. I recall doing something like Tools
Macro or hyperlink or similar select a phrase from a
dialog box list and eventually get a printout. There was
an option to print the short version of ten pages, or the
full version of 40 pages.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun
8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Pinkytoes

Hija Cindy,
very many thanks for your reply. I will give this a try
and hope I get it right. (lazy me, I was hoping to repeat
my success of several years ago and get the print-out by
a mere two or four clicks!) So I will get my hands dirty
and 'see what turns up'.

Your time and effort is really appreciated. Thanks again.

[...]

.

Daiya Mitchell

Actually, you can--through clicks in the Tools | Macros dialog, but I forget
the sequence. Check the regular help, it should tell you. No wait--change
the dropdown to Word Commands, then look for the macro ListCommands and Run
it.

DM