Ianb

Default Formatting with Cross references

Hi

Following on from the previous thread (below)... I have some bookmarks in
one format that I am referencing in another format. I have tried the \*
MERGEFORMAT switch and this maintains the crossreference context format on
the first word of the bookmark but all subsequent words are in the original
bookmark format. Is this a bug? can smeone help me out

Thanks in advance

Ian B

Add the \* MERGEFORMAT switch to the code of each REF field. This
allows you to format each cross-reference differently from its source.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Darrell" wrote in message
I have bookmarked text on page 1 and many cross references to it

throughout a
document. When I update the cross reference fields, the text

formatting for
the source text (on page 1) comes with it.

Is there a way to allow the xref's to retain there own formatting
characteristics and not grab them from the source text?

Thanks in advance.