Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AJM

Default Need to delete document that always appears when I open Microsoft.

I need to delete a Word document that always appears (is it a default?) as
soon as I open Microsoft Word. When I need to write a new document, I need
to highlight and delete this existing (old) document, everytime. The
document, a letter, was created and used with "Mail Merge" over a year ago.
If this is a default, please advise on how to reset this so that I get a
blank screen whenever I open Microsoft Word please.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Your normal.dot has gotten overwritten. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/a...osoft_word.htm
Just rename it as per the instructions.
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager