deitra

Default How do I restore default settings?

I was working with 11x14" paper when I thought I returned the sttings to
normal, instead I changed my default for normal to a mess! Now I'm told my
margins, columns, or something are too wide even when I'm copying the
settings from other documents! Help! Microsoft Word 2002

Many users make this mistake. They think that pressing Default... will
restore the default settings when in fact it makes the new settings the
default. Have a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. Note that you do
not need to live with a fresh Normal.dot; you can just check on its settings
(in case you're in doubt), then restore your old (renamed) Normal.dot,
change the settings to the default ones, and press Default... again to save
them.