Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kellywilliams11 kellywilliams11 is offline

Default how do i get rid of Text in a table of figures?

i am trying to put in a table of figures and the Figure text keeps coming up.
I only want as an example

Figure 1..........pg4
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Display nonprinting marks by pressing the ¶ button on the Standard
toolbar. Paragraph marks will display as ¶ symbols.

For each caption, press Enter after the figure number to split the
caption paragraph, so that the figure text ends up in its own
paragraph.

Select the paragraph mark of the caption and format it as hidden (in
Format | Font, Font tab).

Figure # ¶ --- Format this paragraph mark as hidden text
This is the figure text.¶

When you are done, press ¶ on the toolbar again to hide nonprinting
marks. Update the table of figures.

For more on this method, the purpose of which originally was to create
run-in sideheads, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kellywilliams11" wrote in message
i am trying to put in a table of figures and the Figure text keeps
coming up.
I only want as an example

Figure 1..........pg4

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unless the table of figures is generated from the caption style
(rather than from the SEQ fields), I don't see why that should be
necessary.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To complete this, it will probably be necessary to apply some style
other
than Caption to the remainder of the caption.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guess I don't understand the TOF. It was my understanding that it was
based on the Caption style; I thought I recalled questions about how to
separate table and figure captions in TOFs.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

That depends on how you inserted the table of figures
in the first place.

You can create a table of figures based on a style, by
selecting one in the Table of Figures Options dialog box;
Word inserts a { TOC \t "stylename_here" } field. (This
would be equivalent to creating a TOC with a single,
custom style.)

Alternatively, you can base the TOF on the SEQ field
identifier, by clearing the option mentioned above.
Word inserts a { TOC \c "identifier_here" } field.