Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sfctriplett@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lost vertical ruler

Hello,
I have recently discovered that the vertical ruler is not showing when
I open a new word document. I cannot drag the blue area down to give
me a top margin. In the page setup, I have set the margins to 1" on
top and bottom, but it is not responding to the document I have open or
any others that I open. I am unsure what has happened to cause my
ruler to disappear and my cursor to be at the very top of the page when
I open a new word document. I am thinking I may be using a different
template than normal.dot as I opened the normal.dot and it is correct
with the margins etc. If this is correct how do I get it set back to
where it will open with the normal.dot template? Thanks for any
assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

The vertical ruler shows in print view. You can fix both problems in the
Tools Options and Print and Web Layout options dialog box. Near the bottom
ensure a checkmark is inserted in White space between pages and Vertical
ruler. By the way, you probably clicked at the top of the page which will
take away the white (margin) space. If you click again it will appear. Does
this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

" wrote:

Hello,
I have recently discovered that the vertical ruler is not showing when
I open a new word document. I cannot drag the blue area down to give
me a top margin. In the page setup, I have set the margins to 1" on
top and bottom, but it is not responding to the document I have open or
any others that I open. I am unsure what has happened to cause my
ruler to disappear and my cursor to be at the very top of the page when
I open a new word document. I am thinking I may be using a different
template than normal.dot as I opened the normal.dot and it is correct
with the margins etc. If this is correct how do I get it set back to
where it will open with the normal.dot template? Thanks for any
assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sfctriplett@yahoo.com is offline

Yes, thank you very much. That has fixed my problem. Glad to know
where to find help when I need it.