Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lewis0205NC Lewis0205NC is offline

Default Why is my second column starting so far up from the bottom margin?

I am working on something with 2 columns and I would like the first column
text to continue for a few more lines getting closer to the bottom margin.
Why is it wrapping to the next column so soon? Can this be fixed? I thought
it was because the bottom margin needed to be adjusted but that didn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Check the settings of the paragraph that contains the text that jumps to the
second column:
Click somewhere in the text in question and select Format Paragraph Line
and Page Breaks tab.
If €śKeep lines together€ť is turned on, it will force all lines in the
paragraph to stay together (the entire paragraph will move to the next
column/page if there is not room for all lines at the end of a column/page).
If €śKeep with next€ť is turned on, the paragraph will move to the same
column/page as the next paragraph.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg