Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
judymt judymt is offline

Default How do I toggle off the field codes ?

How can I toggle off the field codes so I can always see the information and
not the codes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Press ALT F9 for toggle or set "Always" in Options under Field Codes 2003
(prior versions)
"judymt" wrote in message
How can I toggle off the field codes so I can always see the information
and
not the codes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Judymt,
Alt+F9 should do the trick.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"judymt" schreef in bericht
How can I toggle off the field codes so I can always see the information
and
not the codes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne M Jeanne M is offline

I have Word 2003 (SP2) and somehow every Word doc I opened was showing field
codes instead of result. (e.g. {PAGE} and {HYPERLINK http:// etc} instead of
the actual hyperlink.

I wanted to get back to a default that was result instead of showing the
codes. Go to the Options menu, select View tab, and in the top Show section,
UNCHECK the
Field Codes item.

Now, the default is the result, not codes.