Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danny

Default Checkbox

When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the same
msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a protected
document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is checked too? I
have used ref to link text boxes but that does not work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Danny,

Thought for sure that I answered this a few days ago, but I can't find the
post. You can do it with a macro set to run on exit from the master
checkbox. Something like:

Sub DupCheckMark()
If ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check1").CheckBox.Value = True Then
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check2").CheckBox.Value = True
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check3").CheckBox.Value = True
Else
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check2").CheckBox.Value = False
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check3").CheckBox.Value = False
End If
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Loretta

Greg, I have several checkboxs that I want to check the first one and then
have it check the other 3. When I use your code below it works for the first
three but will not work for the fourth one. Is there a reason? Also, I
have about 7 checkboxes on this form that I need to do the same thing with,
is this possible?

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can find code for synchronizing checkbox results in the sample with my
checkbox template at http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Loretta

I could not find where it would allow me to check one box and it check 3 more
boxes in the protected document. I have at least 7 different checkboxes on
this one form that I need to check 3 more boxes after the first one of each
of those 7 are checked.

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Loretta,

I doubt that Charle's webpage is going to deal specifically with your
issue. I posted an answer to your question last Friday. I see that it
is visible in Google groups, but if for some reason you can't find it,
let me know and I will repost.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Did you download it? It has a document with the specific code for
replicating checkbox responses.
--

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Look up the OnExit event in the VBA help :-)

On 29/4/06 1:41 AM, in article
, "Jeff G"

Danny wrote:
When one check box is checked I want to have others checked in the
same msword document. For instance if one checkbox is checked in a
protected document how do you link to another checkbox so that it is
checked too? I have used ref to link text boxes but that does not
work with checkboxes.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410