Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor[_2_] Graham Mayor[_2_] is offline

Default Signature Lines

You can't have multiple formats in the same field, but you could contrive a
means of merging the lines separately. Provided the signatory names were
separately stored you could use an autotext entry to hold the formatted lines
and conditionally insert autotext fields

How many possible signatures are there?

You could do something like

{IF {Mergefield sig1} "" "
{Mergefield Sig1}

{Autotext Underline}"}{IF {Mergefield sig2} "" "
{Mergefield Sig2}

{Autotext Underline}"}{IF {Mergefield sig3} "" "
{Mergefield Sig3}

{Autotext Underline}"}etc

"Someguy51" wrote:

Hi,

I have to print some signature lines in my merged document. Its tricky
because the number of signatures can vary depending on the data.

This is how I current do it:

Before the data is merged I pre-process my data into one temporary table
that Word uses for the merge. I dumped the signatures into one field so the
signature lines look like:

___________
Bob Smith

___________
Sally Smith

I recently found out that I can't use underscores for the actual lines
because in some cases you can see spaces between the underscores when you
preview at higher percentages. To make it more complicated they want to use
spaces (with underline turned on, no bolding) for the lines, and the names
have to be bolded.

Is there any way I can do this? Is it possible to tell Word to have
different formatting within the same mergefield? Any other way to do this?

Thanks,
Chris