Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Wakinson

Default Word Font

I am in the technical department of my company and my quality manager wants
everyone who opens word 2003 to have the same font and font size Arial 12 €“
A4 . Is this something that can be done in group policy. How is this done
please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 05:52:48 -0800, "Chris Wakinson"
wrote:

I am in the technical department of my company and my quality manager wants
everyone who opens word 2003 to have the same font and font size Arial 12 –
A4 . Is this something that can be done in group policy. How is this done
please help

No, this is not a group policy thing. You can modify the default font
and page layout by customizing the Normal.dot template -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm.

When you have the formatting the way you want it, you can use the
Protect Document task pane to prevent users from applying any other
formatting. Read the help topic "Restrict formatting of a document"
for instructions.

My own 2 cents: I really hate seeing a big, capable program like Word
being reduced to a smoking cinder like this. You might as well tell
everyone they have to use Notepad.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Wakinson

Jay Thanks for your advice it has been vey helpful

Does this mean several people can use the same normal.dot file at the same
time?

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM