Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cosmicwonder cosmicwonder is offline

Default How to rename Macro on Toolbar ?

I have a created a macro on the Toolbar in a Template. Word has named it as
TemplateProject.NewMacros.BrainMRI (BrainMRI is my macro name).

How do I rename this to just a simple Macro name (BrainMRI) ? This Macro
types in text when activated. I cannot find any option to rename the macro.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

First display the Tools Customize dialog. Then right-click the
toolbar button. That displays a long menu, and near the top is a box
labeled 'Name'. Click in the box and delete the first part of the long
name, leaving only the part you want. (Unfortunately the box is too
narrow to see properly what you're doing, but it scrolls sideways.)

When you have the proper name in the box, press Enter. Then OK the
Customize dialog. When exiting Word, if you're asked about saving the
template, say yes.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:40:08 -0800, cosmicwonder
wrote:

I have a created a macro on the Toolbar in a Template. Word has named it as
TemplateProject.NewMacros.BrainMRI (BrainMRI is my macro name).

How do I rename this to just a simple Macro name (BrainMRI) ? This Macro
types in text when activated. I cannot find any option to rename the macro.

Thanks.

Rename Macro Word 2003 EllyEm Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 07 10:14 PM
Macro Toolbar Todd Microsoft Word Help 1 October 18th 06 05:37 AM
macro on toolbar MoJR Microsoft Word Help 7 February 26th 06 04:39 PM
New macro doesn't appear on toolbar. I clicked toolbar when made molehill Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 06 08:04 PM
Macro won't appear on Toolbar Shirley Hommel Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 03:58 AM