Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tracy at Ronnisch

Default How can I enlarge my Page Set Up area to 40 inches?

Using Word 2003 - I need to enlarge my page set up (or typing area) to at
least 40 inches. We have a huge HP printer that prints the size of blue
prints. It's on the network and I can send Word documents to it. "Custom
Size" in my Word version hits a maximum of 22 x 22 inches. I've been a Word
user since its inception and this is the first time I haven't found what I
needed. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

The maximum page size in all Word versions is 22 x 22 inches. I
usually use Powerpoint to create large-format pages.

Tracy at Ronnisch wrote:

Using Word 2003 - I need to enlarge my page set up (or typing area) to at
least 40 inches. We have a huge HP printer that prints the size of blue
prints. It's on the network and I can send Word documents to it. "Custom
Size" in my Word version hits a maximum of 22 x 22 inches. I've been a Word
user since its inception and this is the first time I haven't found what I
needed. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tracy at Ronnisch

Thank you SO much! I just tried that, and now waiting for it to drop off the
printer, but PP does work for this!!! Much appreciated!

Tracy at Ronnisch wrote:

Using Word 2003 - I need to enlarge my page set up (or typing area) to at
least 40 inches. We have a huge HP printer that prints the size of blue
prints. It's on the network and I can send Word documents to it. "Custom
Size" in my Word version hits a maximum of 22 x 22 inches. I've been a Word
user since its inception and this is the first time I haven't found what I
needed. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim in Ottawa

You could also try setting up your word file at half size (20 inches), and
then try scaling it to 200% in your printer driver when you go to print
(click on the printer properties button in the print dialog box).

"Tracy at Ronnisch" wrote:

Using Word 2003 - I need to enlarge my page set up (or typing area) to at
least 40 inches. We have a huge HP printer that prints the size of blue
prints. It's on the network and I can send Word documents to it. "Custom
Size" in my Word version hits a maximum of 22 x 22 inches. I've been a Word
user since its inception and this is the first time I haven't found what I
needed. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Vicki Vicki is offline

I have tried to change the page size BUT the ruler seems to only work with
the standard page sizes. What am I missing?
--
vicki

Tracy at Ronnisch wrote:

Using Word 2003 - I need to enlarge my page set up (or typing area) to at
least 40 inches. We have a huge HP printer that prints the size of blue
prints. It's on the network and I can send Word documents to it. "Custom
Size" in my Word version hits a maximum of 22 x 22 inches. I've been a Word
user since its inception and this is the first time I haven't found what I
needed. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you read the answer you were given? "The maximum page size in all Word
versions is 22 x 22 inches." There is no way to have a 40-inch page. And you
can't change the page size with the ruler in any case.