Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

Default Section Break Problem

I'm working with a large document with each chapter starting after an odd-
page section break (to display page numbers with chapter numbers in the
footers.)

Suddenly some chapter first pages display as even pages and some odd page
breaks change to continuous section breaks. Everything was fine in earlier
versions, but now, when I change one continuous section break to an odd
page break, the odd page break for the chapter before it changes into a
continuous section break.

Needless to say this is driving me crazy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
- charles thiesen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

Default Section Break Problem - update

I should mention that I tried saving as a web page to remove any corrupt
code, but that didn't work.

charles charles wrote in :

I'm working with a large document with each chapter starting after an
odd- page section break (to display page numbers with chapter numbers
in the footers.)

Suddenly some chapter first pages display as even pages and some odd
page breaks change to continuous section breaks. Everything was fine
in earlier versions, but now, when I change one continuous section
break to an odd page break, the odd page break for the chapter before
it changes into a continuous section break.

Needless to say this is driving me crazy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
- charles thiesen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How are you changing the type of section break? Note that you should be using
the Page Setup dialog box. In particular, copying and pasting section breaks
can really complicate matters (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...hSections.htm).

Also note that if you are restarting the page numbering on some sections,
you will have to enable either "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins"
to have odd page sections behave as such.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

charles charles wrote in :

I'm working with a large document with each chapter starting after an
odd- page section break (to display page numbers with chapter numbers
in the footers.)

Suddenly some chapter first pages display as even pages and some odd
page breaks change to continuous section breaks. Everything was fine
in earlier versions, but now, when I change one continuous section
break to an odd page break, the odd page break for the chapter before
it changes into a continuous section break.

Needless to say this is driving me crazy.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
- charles thiesen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

?B?U3RlZmFuIEJsb20=?= wrote in
:

How are you changing the type of section break? Note that you should
be using the Page Setup dialog box. In particular, copying and pasting
section breaks can really complicate matters (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...hSections.htm).

Also note that if you are restarting the page numbering on some
sections, you will have to enable either "Different odd and even" or
"Mirror margins" to have odd page sections behave as such.

I delete the existing break and insert a new one from Insert Breaks
selecting next page odd page. I never copy them.

I've been using different odd and even all along and different first page
for each new chapter/section.

Does this suggest anything?

Thanks for the quick reply.

- charles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
charles charles is offline

?B?U3RlZmFuIEJsb20=?= wrote in
:

Your suggestion of changing section types in the page layout dialog box
seems to have done the trick. Thanks a million.

- charles

How are you changing the type of section break? Note that you should
be using the Page Setup dialog box. In particular, copying and pasting
section breaks can really complicate matters (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...hSections.htm).

Also note that if you are restarting the page numbering on some
sections, you will have to enable either "Different odd and even" or
"Mirror margins" to have odd page sections behave as such.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--