Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas Vessely Thomas Vessely is offline

Default How do I disable macro dialogue box in Word 2003

I am struggling with how I disable the Disbale/Enable Macros dialogue box in
Word, for a particular document. I have deleted all of the macros and deleted
the Modules and still the box appears. Is there a way to permanently disable
this diaologue box so that global users of my document are not prompted to
respond to this each time they open the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thomas Vessely wrote:
I am struggling with how I disable the Disbale/Enable Macros dialogue
box in Word, for a particular document. I have deleted all of the
macros and deleted the Modules and still the box appears. Is there a
way to permanently disable this diaologue box so that global users of
my document are not prompted to respond to this each time they open
the document?

Save the document as an RTF file. Close the original document, open the RTF
file, and save that as a Word document file. That removes the invisible bits
that tell Word there is or was a macro in the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman