Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Josh W Josh W is offline

Default Bullet style changes automatically

I have a saved style for bullets and it is working fine. But when I try to
make bullets (by clicking the bullet icon) in a completely different area of
the document ALL my bullets in the whole document changes automatically into
something which I totally did not ask for. What do I do? (Automatically
Update is turned off). Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The bullet button on the Formatting toolbar always inserts the last bullet
format used, which may or may not be what you want. Depending on the options
set in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box, the bullet button might even
apply a bulleted style to text (even if you deleted that style from the
document!). To restore the default bullet formats, do this: In Format |
Bullets and Numbering, click the Reset button.

However, if you are really using a paragraph style (or a list style) to
apply bullet formatting, the easiest way is to apply the style directly to
text, via the Styles and Formatting pane or the Style box on the Formatting
toolbar. See also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Josh W" wrote in message
I have a saved style for bullets and it is working fine. But when I try to
make bullets (by clicking the bullet icon) in a completely different area
of
the document ALL my bullets in the whole document changes automatically
into
something which I totally did not ask for. What do I do? (Automatically
Update is turned off). Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Josh W Josh W is offline

Thanks Stefan, great reply. If I reset the bullets to default, will I still
be able to keep the bullet styles that I have created and saved?

"Josh W" wrote in message
I have a saved style for bullets and it is working fine. But when I try to
make bullets (by clicking the bullet icon) in a completely different area
of
the document ALL my bullets in the whole document changes automatically
into
something which I totally did not ask for. What do I do? (Automatically
Update is turned off). Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

After resetting the bullet schemes, if you click Close rather than OK to
exit the dialog box, the formatting in the document won't be affected. If
you want to be even more careful, create a new, blank document before
resetting; then you will be 100% sure that nothing will happen to existing
text and styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Josh W" wrote in message
I have a saved style for bullets and it is working fine. But when I try
make bullets (by clicking the bullet icon) in a completely different
area
of
the document ALL my bullets in the whole document changes automatically
into
something which I totally did not ask for. What do I do? (Automatically
Update is turned off). Office 2003.

using bullet changes style from Normal to TOC 1 Random Microsoft Word Help 3 August 2nd 07 04:52 AM
Bullet style Kevin Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 07 05:51 PM
Create default Bullet Style Marty New Users 3 May 18th 05 11:54 AM
Bullet style problem Rob Formatting Long Documents 8 March 1st 05 11:56 AM
My bullet number automatically changes colour Don Microsoft Word Help 4 February 24th 05 03:43 PM