Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Default Inaccessible bibliography heading

I wrote a paper in Spanish with Word 2007 and saved it in *.doc format. I
forget how I did it but the bibliography has the heading "BIBLIOGRAFÍA." I
have translated the document back to English but cannot access this
particular word to change it. Somehow I must have formatted the paper to a
particular style and now I cannot change it. What do I do to make the change
from BIBLIOGRAFÍA TO BIBLIOGRAPHY?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Barrie,

Did you use the Bibliography generator in Word 2007? When you save the document into Word 2003 format it becomes static text. You
should be able to either manually replace the Word or regenerate the Bibliography with the document language (Review=Proofing=Set
Language) set to English and the galleries should show English language samples.

================
"Barrie" wrote in message ...
I wrote a paper in Spanish with Word 2007 and saved it in *.doc format. I
forget how I did it but the bibliography has the heading "BIBLIOGRAFA." I
have translated the document back to English but cannot access this
particular word to change it. Somehow I must have formatted the paper to a
particular style and now I cannot change it. What do I do to make the change
from BIBLIOGRAFA TO BIBLIOGRAPHY?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Thanks for helping me with this, Bob. I do not remember how I arrived at
this situation as I wrote the article some time ago and have only now been
asked for the translation. As I usually write this sort of thing with Nota
Bene, I may have gone from Nota Bene to RTF format to Word. Be that as it
may, I followed your suggested path to no effect. When I try to write a
bibliography I get the response that there are no sources in the article.
Most importantly, I cannot highlight or otherwise access the offending word
"Bibliograf*a" to edit it/erase and replace it.

"Barrie" wrote in message ...
I wrote a paper in Spanish with Word 2007 and saved it in *.doc format. I
forget how I did it but the bibliography has the heading "BIBLIOGRAFÍA." I
have translated the document back to English but cannot access this
particular word to change it. Somehow I must have formatted the paper to a
particular style and now I cannot change it. What do I do to make the change
from BIBLIOGRAFÍA TO BIBLIOGRAPHY?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Barrie,

It's possible from your description that it may be a graphic if that is the only Word you can't select. Do you have a link you can
setup to the document?

============
"Barrie" wrote in message ...
Thanks for helping me with this, Bob. I do not remember how I arrived at
this situation as I wrote the article some time ago and have only now been
asked for the translation. As I usually write this sort of thing with Nota
Bene, I may have gone from Nota Bene to RTF format to Word. Be that as it
may, I followed your suggested path to no effect. When I try to write a
bibliography I get the response that there are no sources in the article.
Most importantly, I cannot highlight or otherwise access the offending word
"Bibliografa" to edit it/erase and replace it.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barrie barrie is offline

Ah! I misunderstood you and unfortunately do not have a website where I can
post it. I have tried creaating a new document by cutting and pasting but
the bibliography is tenacious and wants to move with the body of the paper.