Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OCHIN Man OCHIN Man is offline

Default Why doesn't the Find function work in some documents

I have certain documents in which I can not get the Find function to work
properly. The Find and Replace window comes up and everything looks OK but
I'll enter a word that I know is in the document several times and it tells
me it can't find the word in the document.

I checked the advance settings and everything seems OK. Is there a setting
or something that disables Find?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pranav Vaidya[_2_] Pranav Vaidya[_2_] is offline

check out for any protected sections in your document

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"OCHIN Man" wrote:

I have certain documents in which I can not get the Find function to work
properly. The Find and Replace window comes up and everything looks OK but
I'll enter a word that I know is in the document several times and it tells
me it can't find the word in the document.

I checked the advance settings and everything seems OK. Is there a setting
or something that disables Find?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pranav Vaidya[_2_] Pranav Vaidya[_2_] is offline

Use the protect document option from the menu. it may find the word but
because the section is protected it may not allow you to replace it.