Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MervB MervB is offline

Default Drop-down menu of graphics in toolbar

Is there a way to create a toolbar with a menu of graphics (ie. I need to
make a menu of button designs - various sizes) - We are writing a large
number of procedural and instructional documents where we need to irepeatedly
imbed a range of standard button and icon graphics.

MervB
:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Save the graphics that you want to embed as either autotext or formatted
autocorrect entries - the latter is probably simpler.

MervB wrote:
Is there a way to create a toolbar with a menu of graphics (ie. I
need to make a menu of button designs - various sizes) - We are
writing a large number of procedural and instructional documents
where we need to irepeatedly imbed a range of standard button and
icon graphics.

MervB
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MervB MervB is offline

Thanks for that but autotext isn't the problem - I want to put full size
button graphics into a menu (obviously I'll adjust them) - the icon size
graphics are of little use. Any ideas?

MervB
:-)

MervB wrote:
Is there a way to create a toolbar with a menu of graphics (ie. I
need to make a menu of button designs - various sizes) - We are
writing a large number of procedural and instructional documents
where we need to irepeatedly imbed a range of standard button and
icon graphics.

MervB
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, you misunderstand. You create AutoText entries from your button
graphics, then put those AutoText entries on a menu or toolbar to facilitate
insertion. As an example, see Insert | AutoText | AutoText. When you click
on one of those entries, what you get is something different from what you
see on the menu. In the case of the built-in entries, it's text or a field,
but there's no reason it couldn't equally well be a graphic.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText entries could be put on a specific menu/toolbar, however.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

MervB wrote:
Is there a way to create a toolbar with a menu of graphics (ie. I
need to make a menu of button designs - various sizes) - We are
writing a large number of procedural and instructional documents
where we need to irepeatedly imbed a range of standard button and
icon graphics.

MervB
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MervB MervB is offline

Thanks Suzanne,

I'll try again - thought I tried that but maybe not - thanks for your interest
MervB
:-)

MervB wrote:
Is there a way to create a toolbar with a menu of graphics (ie. I
need to make a menu of button designs - various sizes) - We are
writing a large number of procedural and instructional documents
where we need to irepeatedly imbed a range of standard button and
icon graphics.

MervB
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MervB MervB is offline

OK Suzanne I tried it and yes I see where you are going but it is not what I
need - I know I can make autotext using graphic and that I can include those
autotext on a dropdown menu but the autotext on the menu appear by its name,
not its content - what I'm looking for is a way to have the Autotext content
(ie. the image) appear in the menu. There is the facility to include a small
icon image against the Autotext in the menu but this is of little use for
what I want.

Ineed something like:

Button Menu
[Find button]
[OK button]
[Generate button]
[etc ...]

where [ ...] represents an actual image.

I may be able to make a floating pallette using VBA but was hoping to avoid
that.

Thanks again

MervB
:-)