PBC

Default Mergefield Two Dates One Field

My Excel data source has dates entered in for example 9/15/05 format. In
some cases two dates are entered into the same cell separated by a space.

My Word main document has a mergefield for the date with a switch to format
the date as September 15, 2005 (MERGEFIELD Date \@ "MMMM d, yyyy").

The mergefield result only shows the second date in the cell in the correct
format. The first date is removed. Is there a way to show the two dates in
the same field both in the "MMMM d, yyyy" format or must there only be one
date per field? I'm using an ODBC connection to the data source.

Neal
Anne Troy

So, basically, your Excel file is using two different formats. If I were
you, I'd format them all as text.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Blank merge fields ASBiss Mailmerge 1 May 25th 05 05:18 PM
Imbedded MERGEFIELD in IF/ELSE/THEN field Rich Mailmerge 2 April 19th 05 01:14 PM
How do I compare dates in a Word IF field? Marion G Microsoft Word Help 2 December 10th 04 08:54 AM
How do I compare dates in a Word IF field? Marion G Microsoft Word Help 0 December 10th 04 01:49 AM
How do I compare dates in a Word IF field? Marion G Microsoft Word Help 0 December 10th 04 01:47 AM