SF

Default Searching old posts

I posted a question here several months ago and got an answer from Suzanne
Barnhill.
Now I'd like to go back and review that question and answer.

I have done this before using my IE6 browser and searching an MSN newsgroup
page
(instead of using this Outlook Express news reader program) but I've
forgotten how to get to the correct web page.

Can anyone help?

Bill Le May

"SF" nospam@@@nospam wrote...
I posted a question here several months ago and got an answer from Suzanne
Barnhill.
Now I'd like to go back and review that question and answer.

I use Google and specify a newsgroup

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Stan Brown

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:30:33 -0700 in microsoft.public.word.newusers,
favored us with...
I posted a question here several months ago and got an answer from Suzanne
Barnhill. Now I'd like to go back and review that question and answer.

I've forgotten how to get to the correct web page.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

SF

Thanks to all.
But the first two suggestions were much too general. However that is a good
place for general searches. I bookmarked it.

I was looking specifically for the Word newusers group. And garfield hit it
dead on. Thanks.

SF wrote:

I posted a question here several months ago and got an answer from
Suzanne Barnhill.
Now I'd like to go back and review that question and answer.

I have done this before using my IE6 browser and searching an MSN
newsgroup page
(instead of using this Outlook Express news reader program) but I've
forgotten how to get to the correct web page.

Can anyone help?

Bill Le May

"SF" nospam@@@nospam wrote in message
Thanks to all.
But the first two suggestions were much too general. However that is a
good place for general searches. I bookmarked it.

I was looking specifically for the Word newusers group. And garfield hit
it dead on. Thanks.

You could still use the Google advanced search link that Stan and I posted,
and simply specify "microsoft.public.word.newusers" in the field that says
"Return only messages from the group:"

I like the Google search because I can specify multiple search groups. I
don't think that's possible with Microsoft's search. In your case this
isn't necessary, but Microsoft has a bad habit of creating redundant,
overlapping newsgroups. For example:

microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.forms
microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

microsoft.public.visual.sourcesafe
microsoft.public.vstudio.sourcesafe

Also, I can search both Microsoft and Usenet newsgroups at the same time.

Bill