George

Default How can I reset "Find/Replace"? It messes up...

I'm using Word2003 and like to use cntlPgDn to scroll through multiple
pages...this way, it always goes to the top of the next page and I can keep
pressing PdDn until I see I'm where I need to be.

Problem is, this falls apart after doing any "Find" or "Find/Replace". If I
key in "Find: 2005", that part works great. But, later, the cntlPdDn
doesn't work or gives odd messages.

Seems I recall it has something to do with the small dot-lookin button at
the bottom of the up-down slider bar to the right. The dot that looks
like...

^
^

Thanks if anyone has ideas on how to clear the "Find" or otherwise reset
things so I can use cntlPdDn after a "Find".

George

garfield-n-odie

You are on the right track. Click on the Select Browse Object button
(that's the small dot-lookin button), and then click on the Browse By
Page button (the last button on the top row, icon looks like a single
blank page).

George wrote:

I'm using Word2003 and like to use cntlPgDn to scroll through multiple
pages...this way, it always goes to the top of the next page and I can keep
pressing PdDn until I see I'm where I need to be.

Problem is, this falls apart after doing any "Find" or "Find/Replace". If I
key in "Find: 2005", that part works great. But, later, the cntlPdDn
doesn't work or gives odd messages.

Seems I recall it has something to do with the small dot-lookin button at
the bottom of the up-down slider bar to the right. The dot that looks
like...

^
^

Thanks if anyone has ideas on how to clear the "Find" or otherwise reset
things so I can use cntlPdDn after a "Find".

George

George

Works great, thanks again.

I was wondering, when "Browse by Page" is selected, and you have say a 75%
zoom... why does it require...

cntl PgDn

or...

clicking the double down-arrow below the dot-lookin button...

instead of just...

PgDn?

....No big deal, just wondering what the thinking was with the dot and PgDn
and CntlPgDn thing.

Charles Kenyon

With the hundreds of messages posted in these newsgroups daily, thanks are
appreciated. However, to have meaning in relation to prior posts, it works
best to use reply to keep posts in the same "thread." When you have a new
question like this one, you need to put something about it in the subject
line of a new post (not a reply) so that people reading will read your post
if they think they can help. You may want to check the posting guidelines on
the MVP FAQ site (under "getting help").
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.