Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neil Neil is offline

Default Change default email server from Outlook to something else?

When I try to send a document from Word via email, it brings up Outlook. I
have always found outlook cumbersome, inaccurate and difficult to use.
Consequently, I choose not to use it. Is there a way to change the Outlook
default to a Yahoo! or Hotmail account?

I know I can save the file and then send that file through either of those
two, but to avoid those extra steps would be nice.

Reply to either or

Thanks.

Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Inaccurate?

Outlook is designed to work with Word, and in Office 2007 they are tied even
more closely. I am pretty sure that you cannot use a web mail account as
default. You could use a free gmail account, which has the advantages of
excellent spam filtering and can be set up as a pop mail account for use in
Outlook.

You have to come here for your replies. This is not a help desk!