Kevin

Default Printing Comments

I have a document that contains a large number of comments (Word2002).
Different reviewers appear in different colors.
I would like to print the document and only the comments from Joe, blue, and
Mary, red.

Is there a way to do this.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Kevin

PA

This is a problem I have been struggling with.
I follow your instructions, the unwanted comments are hidden, they do not
show up in Print Preview, but when the document is printed, they are all
there?
Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Reviewing toolbar, select the Show menu. You can choose which
reviewers to show markup from. When you print from that view, only the
markup displayed will be printed. You can't choose the colors, though.

"Kevin" ksorei at yahoo.com wrote in message
I have a document that contains a large number of comments (Word2002).
Different reviewers appear in different colors.
I would like to print the document and only the comments from Joe, blue,

and
Mary, red.

Is there a way to do this.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Kevin

No. My answer was not based on actual experience but on an apparently
baseless assumption that Word would for once do what you expect or what is
logical. And it is especially annoying if it shows what you expect in Print
Preview and then prints something different.

I'm sorry that didn't work, but let's try another tack: Make a copy of the
document and display only the comments you *don't* want to print, then
Delete All Comments Shown, then display the other comments and print.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Reviewing toolbar, select the Show menu. You can choose which
reviewers to show markup from. When you print from that view, only the
markup displayed will be printed. You can't choose the colors, though.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Kevin" ksorei at yahoo.com wrote in message
I have a document that contains a large number of comments (Word2002).
Different reviewers appear in different colors.
I would like to print the document and only the comments from Joe,

blue,
and
Mary, red.

Is there a way to do this.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Kevin

Kevin

I have to plead guilty to falling into the same trap. I followed the
directions given by Suzanne, looked in PrintPreview and just assumed that
Word would do what it indicated it was about to do - When I responded, I
hadnt actually printed yet.
I guess this is just one of those little gremlin created bugs, that may
never get fixed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Reviewing toolbar, select the Show menu. You can choose which
reviewers to show markup from. When you print from that view, only the
markup displayed will be printed. You can't choose the colors, though.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Kevin" ksorei at yahoo.com wrote in message
I have a document that contains a large number of comments (Word2002).
Different reviewers appear in different colors.
I would like to print the document and only the comments from Joe,

blue,
and
Mary, red.

Is there a way to do this.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Kevin

I have learned that this bug has evidently been corrected in Word 2003. Not
much consolation to the two of you (Kevin and PA) still using Word 2002, but
at least the bug has been reported.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
FWIW, I will escalate this.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

I've been asked to inquire whether you (and Kevin) have applied SP 3 for
Office XP, as this is said to solve some Track Changes issues, possibly
including this one (although I suspect it doesn't fix this one, since one of
the MVPs who tested this in Word 2002 almost certainly has it fully
patched).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

PA

Hi Suzanne:

I am still on SP2. I will apply it at work on Monday and let you know.

Thanks for your efforts.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Kevin

I have updated to SP3. Unfortnately it does not address this issue.
And I doubt if my management will spend the $$$$ to update to a later
version of office, since in all other things we do, it works the way we need
it to.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Okay, thanks. This confirms what I expected.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Word 2002 or 2003?

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Further update on this: even applying the Post-SP3 hotfix to Office XP does
not fix this particular bug.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Comments for viewing only not for printing. Olegos Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 05 09:11 AM
Printing Comments w/Document Lori Microsoft Word Help 4 March 7th 05 10:31 PM
Printing comments in Word 2w003 Sagara Microsoft Word Help 6 February 22nd 05 10:37 PM
Printing Comments Rick B Page Layout 0 January 4th 05 07:01 PM
Printing Tracked Comments in COLOUR Pritchard Wilmott Partnership Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 02:40 PM