Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jax jax is offline

Default Problems with page set up

I've been having problems with lines on my screen when I write in print
layout view, which I have always done. There is no vertical scroll bar, nor
are there any vertical margins, so I have to go into page setup in file if I
want to change them. My text fits into the box that is on the page, and I
cannot see how to get rid of it. It has been like this for about 3 weeks and
I don't know what to do! Can someone help? There aren't any lines if I write
in normal view, but there are still no margins or scroll bar. Anyone know
what to do?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you describing text boundaries (a dotted line around the document body
area indicating the margins)? You can toggle those on and off in Tools |
Options | View. That is also the place to toggle display of the vertical
scroll bar.

"jax" wrote in message
I've been having problems with lines on my screen when I write in print
layout view, which I have always done. There is no vertical scroll bar,
nor
are there any vertical margins, so I have to go into page setup in file if
want to change them. My text fits into the box that is on the page, and I
cannot see how to get rid of it. It has been like this for about 3 weeks
and
I don't know what to do! Can someone help? There aren't any lines if I
write
in normal view, but there are still no margins or scroll bar. Anyone know
what to do?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This prompted me to seek out the checkbox in 2007, and it turns out
the text boundaries are a rather assertive dark blue line. Is there
any way to change it to the light dashed or dotted line it was in
2003?

"jax" wrote in message

I've been having problems with lines on my screen when I write in print
layout view, which I have always done. There is no vertical scroll bar,
nor
are there any vertical margins, so I have to go into page setup in file if
want to change them. *Mytextfits into the box that is on the page, and I
cannot see how to get rid of it. It has been like this for about 3 weeks
and
I don't know what to do! Can someone help? There aren't any lines if I
write
in normal view, but there are still no margins or scroll bar. Anyone know
what to do?
Thanks!-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't use Borders & Shadings, and when I added a table so I could
look in the table menu, show gridlines wasn't on; any ideas?

When I go to 500% the text boundaries don't change -- still thin blue
lines.

"jax" wrote in message

I've been having problems with lines on my screen when I write in print
layout view, which I have always done. There is no vertical scroll bar,
nor
are there any vertical margins, so I have to go into page setup in file
if
want to change them. Mytextfits into the box that is on the page, and I
cannot see how to get rid of it. It has been like this for about 3 weeks
and
I don't know what to do! Can someone help? There aren't any lines if I
write
in normal view, but there are still no margins or scroll bar. Anyone
know
what to do?
Thanks!--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're running under Vista, right? That might make a difference, as might
the color scheme you have selected for Word. I would imagine your display
resolution might be a factor as well.