Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PUR PUR is offline

Default Using RD field

I've done this a million times, but maybe not in Word 2003? as it's not
working correctly.

I put the RD field AFTER the TOC field, but when I generate the TOC, the
references from the RD doc (appendices) appear BEFORE the references from the
current file.

What's happening and what's the magic word to fix it?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

PUR wrote:
I've done this a million times, but maybe not in Word 2003? as it's
not working correctly.

I put the RD field AFTER the TOC field, but when I generate the TOC,
the references from the RD doc (appendices) appear BEFORE the
references from the current file.

What's happening and what's the magic word to fix it?

Thanks,

Move the RD field to the end of the document.

The TOC field picks up entries in the order they occur in the document. If
the RD field appears before other content in the document (or before other
RD fields), that's where its references will show up in the TOC.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PUR PUR is offline

Of course! I guess I'm used to having the TOC in a file by itself, so was
used to seeing the RD field just after the TOC.

Thanks for the magic word! :-)
PUR