Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Craig Craig is offline

Default Using " "

In Word 2003 everytime I enter a "-mark it prints at a weird angle. How do I
get it to print normally?

Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Define "weird angle." What font are you using? Are you wanting straight
quotes instead of "smart quotes"?

"Craig" wrote in message
. ..
In Word 2003 everytime I enter a "-mark it prints at a weird angle. How do

get it to print normally?

Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Craig Craig is offline

Suzanne:

Actually the file looks fine on screen, but upon printing it is not natural.
Please print the attachment. Never having heard of the term "smart quotes" I
looked it up and found that I am by default using them. They are however not
working properly with Courier font. If I change my font they seem to work
okay, therefore it must be the Courier font that is discombobulated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Define "weird angle." What font are you using? Are you wanting straight
quotes instead of "smart quotes"?

so
all may benefit.

"Craig" wrote in message
. ..
In Word 2003 everytime I enter a "-mark it prints at a weird angle. How
do

get it to print normally?

Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "typeset-quality" quotation marks in Courier are an abomination. The
whole point of Courier is to look like typewriting, and these spoil the
effect. If you have a good reason for using Courier, then disable smart
quotes for the duration (Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You
Type).

"Craig" wrote in message
. ..
Suzanne:

Actually the file looks fine on screen, but upon printing it is not

natural.
Please print the attachment. Never having heard of the term "smart quotes"

looked it up and found that I am by default using them. They are however

not
working properly with Courier font. If I change my font they seem to work
okay, therefore it must be the Courier font that is discombobulated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Define "weird angle." What font are you using? Are you wanting straight
quotes instead of "smart quotes"?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.