Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JM JM is offline

Default Need Word to use OE as default email

Was using OE as my email client. Loaded Outlook, mainly to just use the
calendar feature. I want to still use OE for mail. The problem is that now
when I try to email a document or spreadsheet using the right-click/send
to/email recipient, the application starts Outlook instead of OE. The main
problem is that now I do not have access to my OE Address Book when choosing
my recipients.

I have set OE as the default mail client in IE Internet Options, but it
doesn't fix this problem. I know I can email documents from within OE, or I
could use Outlook as my email client, but I do not want to use either of
those methods, because this is my father's computer, and he is very
resistent to change. He likes to right-click the document icon and email
from there.

help appreciated.

jm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Outlook is incredibly aggressive about seizing the right to be your
one-and-only. Everytime I download an update for its spam filter (which I
don't know why I do, since I don't use Outlook for email), it reasserts
itself. This is not something you can address from either Word or Outlook
(though there are related settings in Outlook. Instead, go to Control Panel
| Internet Options. On the Programs tab, select Outlook Express as your
default email client.

"JM" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JM JM is offline

Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thing is, I've already done as you suggested several times to no avail.
What comes up appears to be Outlook. The biggest problem is the absence of
the OE Address Book.

jm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Outlook is incredibly aggressive about seizing the right to be your
one-and-only. Everytime I download an update for its spam filter (which I
don't know why I do, since I don't use Outlook for email), it reasserts
itself. This is not something you can address from either Word or Outlook
(though there are related settings in Outlook. Instead, go to Control
Panel
| Internet Options. On the Programs tab, select Outlook Express as your
default email client.

so
all may benefit.

"JM" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word can use the OE address book for email but not for documents in general.
In addition to setting OE as your default mail client, in Outlook, make sure
the box for "Make Outlook the default program..." on the Other tab of Tools
| Options is not checked.

"JM" wrote in message
.. .
Suzanne,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thing is, I've already done as you suggested several times to no avail.
What comes up appears to be Outlook. The biggest problem is the absence

of
the OE Address Book.

jm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Outlook is incredibly aggressive about seizing the right to be your
one-and-only. Everytime I download an update for its spam filter (which

don't know why I do, since I don't use Outlook for email), it reasserts
itself. This is not something you can address from either Word or

Outlook
(though there are related settings in Outlook. Instead, go to Control
Panel
| Internet Options. On the Programs tab, select Outlook Express as your
default email client.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.